204 North Westover Boulevard | Albany, GA | 31707-2983 | 229.888.6559
Education is the key to awareness. Please take advantage of resources made available to you regarding the services provided to you through AAPHC locations.
Navigating the health care climate can be a puzzling task for anyone, especially with all of the changes that have been occurring over the past several years. Albany Area Primary Health Care strives to be a great resource and advocate for you, our patient. We have resources available to help you make informed decisions about your health and make every effort to provide you quality, informative health care during each visit you have with the staff. We also make sure patient information brochures are available at each of our clinical locations. Help yourself to these handouts whenever you in our facilities.
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a way of saying that you, the patient, are the most important person in the health care system. A medical home is a process specific to how comprehensive health care is delivered to individuals. The team at Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc. (AAPHC) manages your care and services for you—acting as the “hub” of your medical home. PCMH puts you, the patient, at the center of the health care system, and provides primary care that is Accessible, Continuous, Comprehensive, Community-Oriented, Coordinated and Compassionate.
Our PCMH Responsibilities to You:
- To listen to your questions and concerns and to explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easy-to- understand way.
- To coordinate your overall care, sending you to trusted specialists if needed.
- To provide you with same day appointments whenever possible.
- To provide instruction on how to access the care you need when the office is not open.
- To provide clear instructions about your treatment goals and future plans for every visit.
Your Responsibilities in a PCMH are:
- To ask questions and be active in your care.
- To provide your health history, and other important information, including any changes in your health.
- To call our office first with your health concerns unless it is an emergency.
- To inform us whenever you utilize any other health system such as the emergency room or a self referral to a specialist.
- To have a clear understanding about your treatment goals and future health goals.
What is a Medical Home and Why Do I Need One?